Full 2017 Programme
Sunday 12 February
10:00 - 14:00
Aqualia Pre-Forum Presentation & Site Visit
Aqualia will lead a site visit of their Riyadh operations. The tour will showcase the latest advances and technologies being used to manage some of Riyadh’s water infrastructure network.
Technology providers and municipal water infrastructure managers will be most interested to attend the morning briefing of Aqualia’s work in Riyadh, followed by a tour of the water supply control room facilities at the National Water Company and onsite maintenance operations.
Register now as attendance is limited.
13:00 - 20:00
Forum Pre-Registration Open
19:30 - 20:00
Forum Inauguration Ceremony & Opening Speeches
The inaugural Saudi Water & Environment Forum will feature brand new award categories commending those companies who have demonstrated excellence and innovation in the fields of water and the environment. The following awards will be presented:
- Water Excellence Award
- Environment Excellence Award
- Technology & Innovation Award
20:00 - 20:30
Awards Ceremony & Stakeholder Recognition
20:30 - 21:00
Official Exhibition Opening & VIP Tour
Official SWEF Opening Dinner
Monday 13 February
07:30 - 08:30
Registration & Welcome Coffee
08:30 - 10:00
Session 1: Policies for Realising the Vision for the Water & Environment Sectors
Dr Mohammed Al SaudDeputy Minister for Water AffairsMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture - (Steering Committee Chairman)
Dr Osama FaqihDeputy Minister for Environment AffairsMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
- How do water and the environment fit within the context of Vision 2030 and how will the government ensure the Kingdom is leading the way in production, conservation and treatment?
- Implementing integrated water and environment policies. What are the plans and priorities for achieving sustainability for the Kingdom?
- In what ways can the water and environment sectors contribute to economic diversification? How can corporate water stewardship help drive business growth?
- Navigating the existing legislative framework. How will legislation be developed to further drive the conservation of water and the environment?
10:30 - 10:50
Keynote Address: Change Management: Lessons learned from international experience
10:50 - 12:00
Session 2: Panel Discussion: Change Management in the Kingdom’s Water Sector
Diane KlaimiRegional Coordinator, Ecosystem Management, West Asia OfficeUNEP
13:30 - 14:50
Session 3: Investment Opportunities in KSA: Projects & Partnerships for a Sustainable Future in Water & Environment
Abdurahman AlZoghaibiAdvisor to the Minister, Director General of Privatisation & InvestmentMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
Mansour AlzunaidyDirector General, Privatisation & Commercial AffairsSaline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC)
- How will directives within Vision 2030 and National Transformation Plan create increased demand in the Kingdom’s water sector?
- Investment showcase for desalination and privatization programmes. What will be the role of the international private sector be? Where do the opportunities for cooperation lie?
- What is SWCC’s vision for PPPs? How will new projects be financed?
- Have completed projects met demand? What new infrastructure projects are on the horizon? How are water conservation and waste reduction being prioritized in new projects?
Tuesday 14 February
08:00 - 08:30
Registration & Welcome Coffee
09:00 - 10:15
Session 5: Sustainable Industrial Water Use: Developments & Opportunities
- What are the current water usage demands of major industrial users in the Kingdom: mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, agriculture and petrochemicals?
- Evaluating water management and efficiency solutions for industrial use; what are the KPIs/benchmarks for efficiency and environmental compliance in each sector?
- How has Vision 2030 impacted each industrial user and what opportunities will this create for water industry stakeholders?
- In what ways are industrial users benefitting the environment through water stewardship schemes
10:45 - 12:00
Session 6: Opportunities in Wastewater: Reuse, Recharge & Reducing the Environmental Impact
Majd HamdallahEngineered Systems Director, Middle EastGE Water & Process Technologies
Dr Gustavo DiazAdvisor of Deputy Minister for Water AffairsMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
- Investment opportunities in managing the resource, recharge, recovery and reuse (RRR) of wastewater
- Innovative industrial wastewater treatment and reuse solutions : lessening the environmental impact
- Wastewater as a viable resource and the use of wastewater to strengthen the water-energy-food nexus
- Reducing chemical consumption in the Saudi water market
13:15 - 13:30
Closing Remarks & End of Forum